All Food Businesses are required to train their staff in Food Safety.  Hilary Finney is a registered trainer through RSPH and CIEH and has her own registered training centre.

Many organisations are required to instruct volunteers and staff in food safety who are not from a catering background.  Hilary can apply the courses to the diverse range of individual and businesses having spent over 30 years in the food industry including school meals service, contract office catering, hotels, restaurants and outside catering .   

Why use a trainer and not an online certification process?

If your staff are trained in a class room situation they can ask questions, interact and through discussions other situations can be brought in as well as they can understand the topic in more detail. 

Courses and Prices

Level 1  Food Safety Awareness at Harmony House- 3 hours.  £30 per person to include refreshments exam fee and certificate. plus optional workbook fee £5.

  • February 8th 2017 9.30 - 12.30

Level 2  Food safety in Catering/ Manufacturing or Retail at Harmony House  - 6 hours   £45 per person  to include light refreshments, exam fee and certificate.  Plus optional workbook fee £5

  • 12th January 2017 9.30 - 3.30
  • 22nd February 2017  9.30 - 3.30
  • 8th March 2017   9.30 - 3.30

 In House or Group training for 6 employees or more  who can be trained in one session

level 1 -  * Half Day training fee £100 plus exam fees £15 per person.  Optional Workbooks £5 per book required

Level 2 - * Day training Fee  £180 plus exam fees £15 per person. Optional  Workbooks £5 per book required. 

* Travelling charges of 50p per mile apply over 10 mile radius of YO19 6SH









Who needs a Food Safety Level 1 qualification?
The Level 1 Food safety Awareness  is ideal solution for staff induction training including:
New employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge;
Employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A);
Front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff;
Back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.

Who needs a Food Safety Level 2 qualification?
Anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled.
Typical environments may include:
pubs, hotels, restaurants;
supermarkets and retail environments;
food and drink manufacturers;
care homes;

The training will include all or some of the following
Introduction to why food needs to be safe
The Law
Food safety Hazards including pathogenic bacteria and how food poisoning occurs
Cross contamination
Chilling and heating
Storage and cleaning
Food premises and equipment
Food safety management HACCP
Personal hygiene